Do you trust the mainstream news media to provide accurate, objective information? Do you believe that reporters and news anchors, despite being overwhelmingly Democrats, do their best to stay neutral, just present the facts and allow the viewers to make their own conclusions?
Why don’t we take a recent issue concerning slander and calling a political opponent names and I’ll let you judge for yourself.
WARNING! The following contains vulgar language from members of the media directed at women.
- NBC’s Jimmy Fallon’s band greets Michelle Bachmann with the song “Lyin’ Ass B*tch”
- Fox News’ Chris Wallace asks Michelle Bachmann “are you a flake?” during an interview
- Air America’s radio talk show host Montell Williams suggests that Michelle Bachmann kill herself by decapitation.
- Radio talk show host Robert F. Kennedy Jr. calls Republican Senator Inhofe a “prostitute” and a “call girl”.
- MSNBC’s Ed Shultz calls radio talk show host Laura Ingraham a “right wing slut”.
- Wisconsin radio host John “Sly” Sylvester accused Republican Lt. Governor Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch of performing “fellatio on all the talk-show hosts in Milwaukee” and said that she had “pulled a train” (a reference to group sex).
- E! New’s affiliate Playboy published a top 10 list of conservative women who deserved to be raped or “hate f*cked”, including Michelle Bachmann.
- Rolling Stone’s Matt Taibbi said concerning conservative writer Michelle Malkin “When I read [Malkin’s] stuff, I imagine her narrating her text, book-on-tape style, with a big, hairy set of balls in her mouth.”
- One of President Obama’s largest contributors and frequent guest on CNN and MSNBC, Bill Maher called Sarah Palin a “dumb twat”, “c*nt”, “bimbo”, “boob” and a “MILF” (a mother I’d like to f*ck), which to the last one, CNN’s Piers Morgan laughed.
- Comedian Louis CK, invited to headline this year’s Radio and Television Correspondents Dinner, chaired by Jay McMichael of CNN and other prominent media figures, “joked” that Sarah Palin is “holding a baby that just came out of her f*cking, disgusting c*nt, her f*cking retard-making c*nt. I hate her more than anybody.” He also tweeted that Palin is a “f*cking jackoff c*nt-face jazzy wondergirl” who “has a family of Chinese poor people living in her c*nt hole.”
- Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh called activist Sandra Fluke a “slut” and a “prostitute”.
Time to play the guessing game. Guess which media personality was singled out and condemned for an entire week by across the national media – ABC, CBS, NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, NPR, PBS, Associated Press, The New York Times, The Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, and USA Today? Who’s program did the media pressure sponsors to pull their advertisements from? To whose victim did the President of the United State personally call to voice his support? Who has been widely condemned as a misogynist and accused of waging a “war on women”?
If you said “all of the above”, then that means you truly believe that the media is balanced and objective, fighting for what is right and making sure we have civil discourse in our nation. It also means you’re incredibly naive.
The truth is, only the conservative, Rush Limbaugh, has been targeted for outrage. Media personalities called for his removal from the airwaves, demanded that Republicans condemn his remarks, and brought heavy pressure to his advertisers to pull their sponsorships. Even after Rush apologized, his comments were framed as reflective on the entire conservative movement on this country and to push the label that the GOP is just a group of “rich white men”. The current ongoing narrative we hear is that Republicans hate women, want to take away their rights and move them back to the “dark ages”.
There are only two possible reasons for this glaring double standard by news media.
1. This is just an honest mistake and reporters on all the networks will now demand apologies, women rights groups will call on the FCC to remove the above programs from the airwaves and President Obama will return the $1 million Bill Maher donated to him.
2. The liberal mainstream news networks don’t give darn about objectivity and are actively working to make sure that President Obama gets reelected.
Well, it’s been about a week. To paraphrase NBC’s Matt Lauer, the silence from the left is ‘deafening’.
As any objective person looking at this situation can see, the Republican “war on women” is looking a lot more like the media’s “war on conservatives”. So the next time you hear the politics discussed on the news, remember this double standard. They want Obama to win. And they’ll try to publicly destroy anybody who tries to stand against him.